SETTING ME FREE




SETTING ME FREE

O Brother, I miss holding your hand
As I navigate these vast empty sands.

A teacher, a mentor, a friend at every bend,
Always with a smile and a shoulder to lend.
With compassion and patience which you had ample,
You mastered the art of leading by example.

You said, ‘Nothing is ever difficult’
And with a smile sublime,
Promised that the impossible,
Would only take a little time.

A brother in arms, in the battlefield, called life,
You always reminded me to never give up in strife.
Your words and actions always taught me to fight,
In this world of  ‘Might is Right’.

Your face lit up in a Child’s delight,
Each time you spoke of soaring in flight.
The vast universal expanse was your constant goal,
A wanderer’s heart finally found its soul.

Then in one sudden moment of eternity....
Was it only a dream or the illusion of reality?
You Stepped out of the hot blazing fire,
Dressed in innocent childlike attire,
You hugged me tight with a look devoid of dire,
And assured me that you were finally out of the mire.

‘Look around you, and it’s plain to see,
Everywhere you turn, you will find me.
I am Eternal, I feel no pain,
Look deep inside you and don't grieve in vain.’

All at once, the fears went away,
When a gentle voice around me, came to say, 
'Always remember, I am here to stay.’

There, once again, you set me free,
There, once again, you rescued me,
From years of sorrow and ignorant belief,
From years of the load that felt like eternal grief.

                                                                          - Shalini

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts